Wowza Flowplayer is an easy-to-use, highly customizable, lightweight player designed for builders and developers. We're constantly listening and making the player even more robust. You can refer to this page for information about software updates, including new features, improved functionality, and various bug fixes.
- See Wowza Flowplayer Android SDK release notes for more.
- See Wowza Flowplayer Apple SDK release notes for more.
Wowza Flowplayer v3.10.1
- Fixed an issue causing outstream ads to play automatically when a video is paused manually and users scroll the page.
Fixed an issue causing the player not to auto-play on iOS when the
preloadconfiguration is set to
Wowza Flowplayer v3.10.0
- Improved accessibility for the HTML Subtitles plugin. The player now includes out-of-the-box functionality to allow viewers to adjust various subtitle options, such as font size, font family, font color, and font opacity. Additionally, background color and opacity, as well as character edge styling can be managed from the player's user interface. For more, see HTML Subtitles .
Fixed an issue related to
setSrcin auto-play configurations that was limiting upcoming assets from playing.
- Exposed the RTS status enumeration to better capture and work with RTS streaming events. For more, see Track RTS event status .
Wowza Flowplayer v3.9.1
Fixed an issue causing the
completedevent to be incorrectly emitted more than once for all analytics plugins.
Added support to show the current number of viewers for Wowza Video Real-Time Streaming at Scale (RTS@S) streams. For this change, we added a new
rts/viewer-countevent for the RTS plugin .
Wowza Flowplayer v3.9.0
- Enhanced the digital rights management (DRM) plugin by implementing v1.3.0 of the hls.js library to allow support for multiple DRM providers for HLS. With this change, the player can display any HLS stream regardless of the DRM technology used to encrypt the content. For more information, see the updated DRM plugin page.
Fixed an issue causing a player configured with autoplay and the
preload="none"configuration to preload video prematurely.
- Fixed an issue causing ad UI flags not to display for outstream ads.
Wowza Flowplayer v3.8.1
Updated HTML attributes to improve accessibility (A11Y) standards for various player components. These changes include the following:
aria-labelattribute for the Chromecast icon was updated to reflect the state of the session.
aria-labelattribute for the timeline bar was updated to provide more complete output to screen readers.
aria-selectedattribute was added to expanded menu options to indicate when they're selected.
Wowza Flowplayer Translations v2.0.0
- Added the @flowplayer/translations package for public download via Node Package Manager (npm). Learn how to install and configure the package using npm .
Wowza Flowplayer v3.8.0
- Added a new Video Track Selection plugin to configure the player with a single stream that contains multiple video tracks. When you enable this plugin, the player's user interface displays a menu to list and control numerous video tracks while improving the viewing experience for your audience.
- Added localization changes to display various player UI elements in Greek.
Wowza Flowplayer v3.7.1
- Improved the behavior for the Float on Scroll plugin when multiple players are present on a page. For more, see the configuration properties for the Float on Scroll plugin.
Wowza Flowplayer v3.7.0
- Fixed an occasional issue causing a few video frames to display before preroll ads for certain content configurations.
Added a new
logo_alt_textconfiguration property for alternate logo image descriptions and better accessibility.
- Added localization changes to display various player UI elements in Chinese.
Added the ability to programmatically control pop-in and pop-out behavior for the
Float on Scroll
plugin. We added the following:
- A new
Wowza Flowplayer v3.6.2
- Improved the HLS plugin to allow users of the embedded player to better distinguish between audio description tracks for accessibility and standard audio tracks.
- Fixed an intermittent issue that caused the player to buffer endlessly and not auto-play when it's pushed out of the viewport.
- Added support for native rendering of subtitles by the browser. This change facilitates the injection of CSS rules when defining subtitle styles directly in WebVTT files. To enable this feature, see the HTML Subtitles configuration options .
Fixed an issue causing the player to fail with a
DECODE_PIPELINE_ERRORon different Android devices, such as Samsung S21, S22, S23, and OnePlus.
- Fixed an issue with the Gemius Analytics plugin that was causing ad-related events not to be tracked.
Wowza Flowplayer v3.6.1
- Fixed an issue where Wowza Video tokens did not recognize Wowza Video WebRTC and RTS sources.
- Added a new Google Analytics G4 plugin to prepare for Google's deprecation of the Universal Analytics property on July 1, 2023.
Wowza Flowplayer v3.5.3
- Fixed an issue preventing CEA-608 or 708 embedded subtitle tracks from displaying in the player.
- Extracted the countdown element into a separate plugin component that can serve as an ad counter in the advertising plugin.
You can now build Wowza Flowplayer Samsung and LG Smart TV apps with our Tizen (Samsung) and webOS (LG) Smart TV SDK. We've also provided Wowza Flowplayer Tizen and webOS plugins to support your Smart TV apps with platform-specific behavior and functionality, including remote control.
Wowza Flowplayer v3.5.2
- Updated the subtitles menu to always display if there's at least one subtitle track.
Wowza Flowplayer v3.5.1
Fixed an issue causing autoplay to fail for non-OVP sources when the
ima.adsproperty is missing.
- Fixed an issue that prevented swapping of different DRM-protected sources over the lifecycle of a player.
- Made enhancements to allow the DRM plugin to support various DRM options for dash.hls and hls.js.
Fixed an issue with the Float on Scroll plugin not always properly wrapping the
AdContainerelement during initialization.
- Fixed an issue causing the ads container to be improperly resized when the player is floating while playing a VPAID creative.
- Fixed the autoplay outstream state in the Advertising plugin when no scroll is needed.
- Fixed an issue with the IMA SDK autoloader causing the Advertising plugin to ignore the IMA3 SDK when multiple players were present.
- Fixed Float on Scroll behavior to pop out the player only when users interact and scroll on the page.
Fixed behavior where
preload=nonewas preventing retry logic from restarting a source when configured.
We've added the Real-Time Streaming (WebRTC) plugin to Wowza Flowplayer. The plugin adds the ability to consume Wowza Video Real-Time Streaming at Scale streams, Wowza Video WebRTC streams, and Wowza Streaming Engine WebRTC streams with the player.